Google Sugar Dot Cookies: Easter Spring Decorated Sugar Cookies

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Easter Spring Decorated Sugar Cookies

I had so much fun making these sugar cookies! They're so springy and happy!


I love the bright colors and the adorable shapes. My favorite is the little chick peeking out of the egg. Simple, yet so darn cute. For some crazy reason, I love the carrots too.

The eggs and butterflies are my least favorite. I struggle with getting things symmetrical.

The bunnies and the chick in the egg were inspired by Sugarbelle's designs. I saw a broken egg, chick and carrots at Sugarbelle's too, made by her friend Tricha. All so cute!

So why in the world am I making Easter cookies in early February? I'm going to be teaching a cookie class at the end of March and these are my samples.

Me teach a class? Crazy, huh? I'm still new to the cookie world.

I work at a cooking school doing office work and assisting with classes. My boss and co-workers have been the recipients of some of my cookies. My boss was the one that came up with the idea of me teaching a class. I hesitated for a while, wondering if I'm ready. But I decided to go for it.

I made up the sample cookies using only #2 tips and squeeze bottles. All 20-second royal icing. I think that will simplify things for teaching the class.

I froze some of these cookies. I'm hoping that they'll still look good in two months so I can take them to the class with me. I've heard that some cookiers have good luck with freezing decorated cookies and some don't. I'm glad to test it out for myself. I'm prepared for them to be ruined. If they look horrible when I take them out of the freezer, I'll just make new samples. No big deal.

I'm nervous, yet excited for the class. Bring on the Spring!

2 comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...